Fees and Payment
Many extended health plans and employee assistance plans cover fees for Registered Clinical Counsellors. Your plan must specify Registered Clinical Counsellors as opposed to Registered Psychologists or Registered Social Workers. If you plan to use such coverage, check with your employer to see if you are covered before booking a consultation or counselling session.
Regular hourly rate is $115 per hour. Some clients may be eligible for a sliding scale rate.
Payment is due when services are rendered.
Potential clients may have an initial free 15 minute consultation. Consultations are held face-to- face or via telephone.
The BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC) requires that an individual who is a Registered Clinical Counsellor has the following training:
- A Master's Degree in a counselling-related discipline from a recognized university
- Completion of 1,000 hours of professionally-supervised counselling work and a letter of recommendation from that supervisor
- Criminal reference check and is bondable
- Has completed an ethics course
- Several professional references attesting to the counsellor's character and skills